archives

10.11.16

From time to time...

I'm not a professional writer. I don't have the ability to embellish words, to create clear, simple sentences. Maybe I lack confidence or self-esteem, either way frustration won't invade my life when the time to express myself arrives.
From time to time, I have this basic need to reproduce myself through abstract written thoughts. Today is one of those days in which the urge to write has returned. My eyes, still closed this morning, were desperatly seeking the sleep that flew away. Suddenly words started emerging like ghosts from every corner of my brain, similar to family members we believe long ago dead, still they remain always there, hidden by the trees, not far from you, waiting for a special occasion to appear and say "Hi, darling! We've missed you so much!". In reality, they're just curious, they long to have fresh news and then disappear again, like a very cheap magic trick.

You see... unlike family members, words are not unfaithful, they don't seek their own interest, they don't care if you are sad, depressed, anxious, scared or maybe happy... They rest in your mind, waiting to be expressed, to be screamed, to be whispered... as long as we breath, we'll never be alone, from the moment we start learning to use words, we will always be with ourselves. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers